Here is our once per week recipe segment. There are recipes that are sometimes foods and anytime foods. Of course, the anytime foods are the healthy foods that you and your family can have anytime. The sometime foods are the foods that are not quite so healthy and you will need to make choices. Here is this week’s recipe:
- 8 (4 inch) whole wheat pita pockets
- 1/2 cup spinach puree
- 2 cup bottled tomato sauce
- 2 cup thinly sliced part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Spread spinach puree on each pita so that the spinach comes to within about 1/2 inch of the edge. Spread sauce over spinach: it should cover the pita and come to 1/4 inch from edge. Put cheese over the sauce and cover all green showing
- Place pizzas on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake until cheese melts, and begins to turn brown, 5 to 10 mins. Let pizzas cool 5 minutes before serving, so the cheese cools and doesn’t pull off exposing the spinach.