You’re probably wondering how I know how the brain works! I don’t exactly, but what I do know is that the correct foods and correct exercises really help keep brain cells alive, and smarter. Here are some of the foods that your children (and you too) might like:
- 100% whole wheat toast
- turkey or tuna
These great foods along with some FUN exercises go great together! Here are some exercise ideas:
- walking together as parent/child – even to the mailbox
- skipping – great for coordination
- jumping jacks – how many can you do?
- clean the yard game (or your room :))
- structured classes as gymnastics, dance, karate, cheer or many others
Eating the correct helpful foods and exercising help keep children active, healthy and loving it! Studies show that exercising can improve reading and math skills by up to 10%! Another great reason to keep active! Give Horizon a call at 616-669-7722 if you would like even more ideas!
Are you feeling smarter already?
Have a great, fun day!