Motion Evolution? Does that name sound familiar? It is MoEv for short. This past Saturday, October 2, 2010, we had over 80 children here at Horizon for a Free Class. To be exact, there were 3 free classes with our professional, adult staff. The classes were so much fun for the children and the staff!
What is MoEv exactly? It is a movement class in which there is no competition, just healthy fun! There were some games, such as hopping into the foam pit, and much more. Here are some examples of what we did:
- A cardio warm up: which aids in developing flexible muscles
- Tower of Power: proven confidence building exercise
- Weather Game: for listening , comprehension and movement
- Pyramid Activity: helps teach children what type of activities are good for the body and how often they should be doing them. As an example, “Ride your bike” 2 – 3 times a week (they draw a card out of the basket that has different activities in it).
- A focus exercise: standing knee flex, heel touch and hip rise
- Core stabilizing circuit: great for core strength for any activity
- Nutrition: are “green” foods good?
- Braingym activities: crossing the center line of the body for connection of the mind and body.
MoEv has 3 main components:
- The “brain” connection – developed by brain experts (Did you know that crossing the center of the body is a great movement connection for body and mind?)
- Nutritional component – an essential part of good health
- Exercise – the connecting force between mind and body
Horizon Complex is licensed for MoEv on the west side of U.S. 131 and Gymco is licensed on the east side of U.S.131. MoEv is a national/international program developed to help children learn to love to exercise. It is so good for children, and as we all know, not all children love to exercise. They might be intimidated, scared, or just inactive. This program is good for all children, whether they already exercise or never exercise. If they already exercise, MoEv will take them to the next level. If they do not exercise, MoEv will get them motivated in a positive, encouraging way. (They might not even know they are exercising :)).
As you can see, I am really excited to offer this program. Give us a call at 616-669-7722 if you would like more information, or if you are ready to join in this exciting, new program! We’ would love to tell you more!