http://thehorizoncomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/horizon-logo-in-jpeg-w-words.jpg 0 0 diane http://thehorizoncomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/horizon-logo-in-jpeg-w-words.jpg diane2011-09-22 16:28:432011-09-22 16:28:43Field Trips and Safety
Are your children getting ready to go on some field trips this fall and winter? Tis the season! Here are a few tips to remember to make every field trip successful and a great experience!
- Discuss field trip behavior and rules with your child before the event; lots of times the kids are so excited, so a behavior reminder is a good idea
- If you are the parent “helper” talk to your child ahead so they know you will be “helping” all of the students (so your child will need to share you :))
- Arrive to the school a little early so as not to be rushed. Children seem to function much better if they are in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Make sure to dress appropriately for the field trip. If it’s at our facility (Horizon) and the children will be doing gymnastics, stretchy clothing is great. On the other hand, if they are going to a pumpkin patch, better watch the weather before you go to see if they need sweatshirts or winter coats :).
- After the field trip ask your child what they learned. You may be surprised at some of the answers!
- Most of all, have fun!